Monday, November 2, 2015

DAYS OF REST


Friends, usually I post something of a spiritual nature on Sundays but today, deviation from routine. I am right with God; He reveals His will for me and I endeavor to carry it out. Not always what I want to hear, not always easy, but I put my trust in God and He gets me through. Not what I want but always what I need. This is not blind faith. Some folks try that and it can get complicated. This is how I manage my life on a daily basis:


Serenity Prayer
attributed to Dr. Reinhold Niebuhr

God grant me the Serenity
to accept the things I cannot change;
Courage to change the things I can;
and Wisdom to know the difference.
Living one day at a time;
Enjoying one moment at a time;
Accepting hardships as the pathway to peace;
Taking, as He did, this sinful world
as it is, not as I would have it;
Trusting that He will make all things right
if I surrender to His Will;
That I may be reasonably happy in this life
and supremely happy with Him
Forever in the next.
Amen.













It takes time and effort to run a blog which turns out good material. The author must have a good "voice". Somebody, you want to hear what he has to say even if you disagree. Someone who has a good "come-from". (That is an old Lifespring term but you readers are clever, you can figure it out.) I am not spending time and effort lately on this site. It has a low priority for now. I picked out a few tunes that I like and they are here for you, whether you like them or not.


Remus has a good come-from.

This guy is a wordsmith. That is a good thing.

Van Der Leun writes better than he realizes.



Ahem, yes. The music.

These guys used to back up Ronnie Hawkins.





Uh? You don't know who Ronnie Hawkins is?






Politics? Politics? Get serious. You need to hear the "Nothing" post again?




Some union folks don't have it so good.




 


Omar doesn't say "they owe me" but does acknowledge the disparity twixt rich and poor. Hardscrabble, with a whiff of resentment.



 If Philistine were doing his Public Radio Interpreter job instead of being out there earning money (see? he understands one of the basic principles of Life: if ya don't work, ya don't eat), well if he were on the mark he would chime in with comparative analysis of the downtrodden working class under the boot of the Capitalist/warmonger/WASP/racist ruling class.

Sigh. Hard to get free help.

No comments: