Sunday, June 7, 2015

A NECESSARY INGREDIENT

Faith is essential.
 
Belief in a Supreme Being has been a part of all civilizations. Societies need spiritual and moral guidelines to keep things orderly and to keep passions within due bounds. How do you think we got this far? Luck? Coincidence? Random events?
   
Don't have to go to church, don't need to send money to some shirttail evangelist, don't even have to be Christian. Many spiritual disciplines in the world, only thing in common a belief in a Supreme Being. With that comes the moral guidelines.

I was near death a year and a half ago and no matter how I thought or felt it was dark and lonely and scary. Will power and mental discipline could not pull me through. The doctors were keeping me alive, or I should say they were keeping my body alive. My soul was drifting, I almost lost sight of shore a few times; it was my faith that kept me from going under. A lot of friends and family prayed for me. I finally came to the surface, was surrounded by light and filled with hope when some good Christians visited and prayed with me.


Psalm 40:1-11

40:1 I waited patiently for the LORD; he inclined to me and heard my cry.

40:2 He drew me up from the desolate pit, out of the miry bog, and set my feet upon a rock, making my steps secure.

40:3 He put a new song in my mouth, a song of praise to our God. Many will see and fear, and put their trust in the LORD.




No man, especially a Freemason, should ever engage in any great or important undertaking without first invoking the aid and blessing of Deity.

M: In whom do you put your trust?

C: In God.

M: Your trust being in God, your faith is well founded.




























































so mote it be

No comments: