Saturday, January 24, 2015

TALKING DOG



Be patient and polite. read through this most excellent post. The dog story has been verified by a panel of international experts.









I value my time so I don't cruise the blogs. I can do without all the clever people offering suggestions on how I should think. I also don't agonize on putting up posts; the one or two readers I have already know what the weather is and the folks that stumble on the site 'cause they can't type, or want soup recipes, they can always go to the archives and read all about it. Or they can go away. Mind over matter: I don't mind, and it don't matter.

Here's something I have learned about blogging:

The most impor­tant tasks of the aspir­ing blogger are:
(1) blog daily;
(2) link head­lines;
(3) excrete out­rage - vainly, and rep­e­ti­tiously;
(4) throw on some boobs;
(5) don't drink, and don't die;
(6) use post titles that contain buzz words to attract strangers;

Learned what not to do, is what I learned. Me, I just putter along, posting stuff that I get a kick out of. I'd rather be putting my M1 together or going to the range with some heavy metal. Which is what I'm gonna do as soon as the ink dries on this post.




 
 
 









 



















A guy is driving around the back woods of Montana and he sees a sign in front of a broken down shanty-style house: Talking Dog For Sale

He rings the bell and the owner appears and tells him the dog is in the backyard.

The guy goes into the backyard and sees a nice looking Labrador Retriever sitting there.

"You talk?" he asks.

"Yep," the Lab replies.

After the guy recovers from the shock of hearing a dog talk, he says "So, what's your story?"

The Lab looks up and says, "Well, I discovered that I could talk when I was pretty young. I wanted to help the government, so I told the CIA. In no time at all they had me jetting from country to country, sitting in rooms with spies and world leaders, because no one figured a dog would be eavesdropping.

"I was one of their most valuable spies for eight years running. But the jetting around really tired me out, and I knew I wasn't getting any younger so I decided to settle down. I signed up for a job at the airport to do some undercover security, wandering near suspicious characters and listening in. I uncovered some incredible dealings and was awarded a batch of medals.

"I got married, had a mess of puppies, and now I'm just retired."

The guy is amazed. He goes back in and asks the owner what he wants for the dog.

"Ten dollars," the guy says.

"Ten dollars? This dog is amazing! Why on earth are you selling him so cheap?"

"Because he's a liar. He never did any of that shit."



Songs and jokes. A lot like life.




No comments: