Saturday, December 26, 2015

INSIDE JOB



Sometimes I get all confused and frustrated, trying to make everything fit together in my life. When my perspective is one of externals operating on me I get messed up.

 Life is an Inside Job. I can't stop the waves, but I can learn how to surf. 

 
 
 Trust in the LORD with all your heart
and lean not on your own understanding;
in all your ways acknowledge Him,
and He will direct your paths.
Proverbs 3, 5-6
 
The Serenity Prayer
 
 
God grant me

Serenity to accept the things I cannot change;
 
Courage to change the things I can;

and Wisdom to know the difference.


Living one day at a time; Enjoying one moment at a time;

Accepting hardships as the pathway to peace;


Taking, as He did, this sinful world as it is, not as I would have it;

Trusting that He will make all things right if I surrender to His Will;

That I may be reasonably happy in this life


and supremely happy with Him Forever in the next.

Amen.
        --Reinhold Niebuhr


BTW, Niebuhr is an interesting guy; worth looking him up.
  
I like these musicians. Look them up too. 

No comments: