Sunday, May 17, 2015

LIGHT AND MORE LIGHT

 Some music, some musings, some spiritual content. 

My treatment and recovery have settled down to a routine of healing and rehabilitation. Anybody out there who happens to read this post, if you are having troubles with cancer or something really really bad, get in touch with me; maybe I can help you find some peace.  I am not selling Christianity or the Freemasons. I am showing you the well where I draw my water. A belief in God, a Supreme Being, call it what you want, some Higher Power is needed. The rest is all an Inside Job.

No man, especially a Freemason, should ever embark on any great or important undertaking without first invoking the aid and blessing of Deity.

"In whom do you put your trust?"
"God"
"Your trust being in God, your faith is well founded."
"What do you most desire?"
"More light."

And that is how it has been. From the depths of darkness and despair - look, I am not exaggerating, being all melodramatic - anyone who has been near death, who has "crossed over" will understand what I am saying. I have been near death a few times but this time was different. I don't know how else to say it, this time Evil was in the room, near me. If it was not for my faith and prayers I would have gone under.




More than that, if it was not for the love and faith of my wife, the Brocker, I would have sunk without a trace. She was my rock: a pillar of strength, wisdom and beauty. When she walked into my hospital room -- see, I was all dark within you unnerstand -- and she brought light.




My perspective has changed, my priorities have shifted. Time is precious to me now. Stolen moments.

I never usta look forward to lookin' back,
now I see a little daylight comin' through the cracks





I have hope, my faith is strong. I am not quite ready to say "Well I can't wait to see what's gonna happen next" but I'll get there. God is not through with me. I don't know what or when but I have some purpose. Perhaps He will share with me, maybe it'll be a surprise. So mote it be.

If I look and do not see I am blind. If I listen but do not hear I am deaf.

These songs are talkin' to me. Loud and clear.

Ghosts on the trees, there's ghosts on the wires,
askin' questions, showin' signs;
shiverin' with Truth, they're lighting fires,
lighting fires all down the line.

I will try and I will stumble, but I will fly, He told me so ...






No comments: